In less than 90 days…
It’s always interesting to reflect after a string of client meetings… such an opportunity to really SEE how different perspectives effect our reality. Especially with less than 90 days left in this decade.
People are in different places (of course) and stages dealing with challenges that are unique to them in that moment.
Together, we are looking for the strategy that will easily move them forward toward their goals of scaling, growth and impact.
For instance what I noticed was:
- All these business owners are looking to create a positive impact on their revenue quickly.
- All are dealing with Q4 efforts and possible outcomes
- They would like to see this quarter set them up for future success.
- One has been working up to Q4 as a ‘run-way’ to 2020. They still have a bit to go and are looking to maximize that time.
- One is ‘hoping’ for particular outcomes yet has ‘reasons’ why that may not happen.
- One is pretty sure that this year is ‘done’ and is focused on next year.
Do you see yourself in any of these scenarios?
What I find so interesting is that they are ALL correct in their thinking.
The only difference is perspective and beliefs.
- When we have a particular belief we often will set about reinforcing that without an awareness that we are sowing our own seeds of reality.
- When we believe something is possible (or not) that is the construct we work with.
- When we are willing to stretch into our edges we are able to access next steps more easily.
- Therefore our goals, metrics and strategy reflects that belief.
And that’s only a tiny glimpse into the mindset I’m referring to, which deeply effects outcomes.
Which one do you think is most likely to end the year on a high note?
Well, here’s where it gets interesting:
Each is working within their own framework, Yet each has been identified what would be their best approach to ‘move the needle’ closer to their desires, generating a plan/path forward.
What I’ve noticed is that the gap between stretching into a new reality and conceiving of something we feel is impossible truly does matter.
When it feels impossible we can freeze, get caught up in why-nots, and put the brakes on any forward movement. Time is actually spent on defending our views.
Which isn’t productive and causes certain neuro-pathways to activate.
Yet, when we design a strategy to work with WHERE we are and WHO we are as leaders we are better able to create options, outcomes and action steps that feel good to our clients… and when we feel good we are increasing the likelihood of success enormously!
* When we can embrace and get behind the plan, we move forward with joy.
* When we can move joyfully (even when its scary) we increase the possibility of things working out.
* When we are able to express in our own unique ways we allow the energy to expand rather than constrict (which is a block called f.e.a.r.)
So, here we are. Less than 90 days to the end of this year.
How will YOU make the most of it?
Enjoy YOUR Unforgettable Journey,
p.s…. if you’re not sure of your path, then let’s have a chat.
Branding Specialist and Strategic Planner, J. Winslow brings decades of solid experience to each project and leader she interacts with. Clients range from non-profits such as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, to Madison Avenue Biggies including: Women’s Day Magazine, Cover Girl and Elizabeth Taylor. She also enjoys working with TEDx speakers and students ready to leverage their own brand stories.